Tuesday, March 20, 2007

20Mar2007 What I learned

The most successful thing about this piece is that I finally figured out how to take my drawings from sketchbook to Flash, without to much lag. In the past, with Flash, this has been a problem for me. I am noticing that I am developing a tendency to clump alot of images together, I use to fight it, but I am thinking it is a evolution of my style, so I am not fighting it or paring down the amount of images in the work anymore. There is alot of meaning behind this, but again I ran short of time, so I had to cut down the narrative. The pieces are symbolic, and though I like them to be vague or elusive, I feel I did not give the viewer enough to piece them together due to running out of time. It is fine to make things with out any point or message, I really the message to be the main theme, and really that is what I am good at, is layering messages and symbolism, not really animation or aesthetic.

No comments: